Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It came and went...


It's emotional when you see your due date come and go without out any sign of baby's arrival. You wait months to get to this day, only to find out it was just a guess. I see now why people in the natural birth world call it a "guess day" not "due date". I like "guess day" better... less pressure. But, regardless of what you call it... when you finally make it to that day... you can't imagine waiting any longer. We are just so excited to meet our baby boy. I've been playing around with natural induction methods... one: because they are totally safe and harmless to baby and two: I'm just so darn excited! Luckily, since we are having a home birth, we are on no ones time clock other than Henry's. It's very freeing... to let my body do what it wants, when it wants to. Of course baby can't stay in there forever... and being too far overdue will require me to seek medical attention. But, that is far from today and far from our minds. Until then, we are going to take this time to enjoy the anticipation and the excitement.

I'm so thankful for my friends and family... the ones that have been spoiling me with bake goods (Krissy Bailey), the ones that have kept me company during these long days and even the ones that have given me my space.  I've met so many amazing women during my pregnancy...  that have built me up and given me strength to see that I am capable of accomplishing my ultimate goal. I can honestly say I do not feel nervous... I feel anxious, ready to be in the thick of things... looking inward and seeing myself getting through this. I truly feel that as each contraction passes... it will give me more and more confidence to push forward. I keep telling myself  "the only way out of this is through it". Of course the excitement of seeing my baby for the first time will keep me focused too. I could not be happier with our home birth decision. I've built a team around me that I feel totally safe with and nurtured by. I can't wait to share my birth story with you. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Nicole's babies loved being inside her too...Lana was born a week past her due date and the twins' were induced one day before their due date. Henry will arrive when he is ready.

    ReplyDelete