Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yes, I'm that person...

You know those totally cliche pregnancy symptoms, like weird cravings, peeing, farting and those nasty hormone rages? Yes that's me! I told myself I wasn't going to be that person and without any warning here I am. I guess my first wake up call was when I showed up to a mexican fiesta girls night with a huge birthday cake in hand. I thought "Who doesn't love birthday cake?". Well little did I know, I was portraying pregnancy at it's finest. Not only did no one want birthday cake at a mexican fiesta, but I was the only one who had a piece. In fact, when it was time to leave... I was told to take the cake home with me, because frankly no one felt like eating cake. So there I was, birthday cake in hand and my tail between my legs (but secretly happy because I had this huge sheet cake all to myself). I had just realized then and there, that I'm totally turning into that person I tried so hard to avoid. Cravings can be so embarrassing!

Then we have those lovely hormone rages that my hubby has become all too familiar with. He burped the other night after drinking a soda and I almost divorced him right then and there. Thankfully, I come down from my hormone high, but it usually results in a little damage control on my part. Now we have a new rule in the house, no more pointing out when I turn into a monster, just grin and nod... oh yeah, and don't forget to tell me how beautiful I look. He actually agreed to the new rule and that's why I love him so much. I've got the best husband ever... oh yeah, must I remind you of the nightly foot rubs and the cute little conversations he has with my belly. He loves talking to our baby in this really deep Barry White voice. {I gotta give a little shout-out to my mother-in-law here for raising 3 boys. 3 very perfect, smart and sensitive boys that make the best husbands ever. (Luckily, I managed to legally snag one for myself, there are still 2 more on the market) I don't know what she did, but she did it right.}

So after my realization that no matter how hard I try to hide it, it's inevitable... I'm your stereotypical pregnant women. I have late night cravings, I tell my husband I want a divorce just about every other week, I pee all the time, I get winded just talking, I fart... yup, I fart and I constantly spill food on my belly (I call it my built in crumb catcher). The list goes on and on....

I'm embracing this whole process now... so much so, that I think my husband is starting to worry. He's busted me twice now, licking the inside of food wrappers. I'll be damned if one morsel of food is left behind. I'm wearing this pregnancy badge loud and proud... there's no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment